It’s important to keep your lawn healthy during summer and knowing how to be watering grass in hot weather. That means watering it regularly. But just how often should you water grass in 100 degree weather?
Here are a few tips to help you keep your lawn looking green and healthy during the summer months:
- Water early in the morning or later in the evening, when temperatures are cooler. Avoid watering during the heat of the day, as this can cause evaporation and stress on the grass.
- How often to water lawn in 100 degree weather will depend on a number of factors, including the type of grass, the amount of sun and shade, and the soil conditions. In general you should water about two to three times per week.
- Be sure to water deeply, so that the roots of the grass are getting wet. A shallow watering will only encourage the grass to develop shallow roots, which are more susceptible to drought stress.
- Don’t cut grass too short. This can stress your lawn grass. Depending on the type of grass, you should cut it to a height of two to three inches.
- Consider using a lawn irrigation system, which can help you water more efficiently while keeping your sod grass nicely watered in the hot weather.
By following these tips, you can help your lawn stay healthy and green all summer long!
How to look after Zoysia Grass in the Summer
Zoysia grass is a warm-season grass that is widely used in lawns across the United States. In order to maintain your lush, green lawn, it’s important to take care of your Zoysia grass during the summer months. Palisades Zoysia is our #1 selling grass in the Dallas metroplex because it does well in both full sun as well as shaded areas.
How to look after St Augustine Grass in Hot Weather
St Augustine grass is a popular type of grass that is used for many lawns right across Texas. This grass is known for its ability to tolerate hot weather, but it still needs to be properly cared for during the summer months. Water your St Augustine grass two to three times per week, making sure to give it a deep watering so that the roots can properly absorb the moisture.
How to Water Bermuda Grass in Summer Heat
Bermuda grass is a full sun turfgrass that is used for high traffic areas like school sports fields, golf courses, as well as residential properties. Therefore Bermuda grass is known for its ability to tolerate the heat but needs watering as well, especially during the hot summer months. Watering in the evening hours is also fine, but you don’t want to water too late as this can promote fungal growth on your lawn.
Sprinkler Repair and Irrigation
Check with your sprinkler repair company if there is a way to set your timer or smart controller to maximize efficiency for watering grass in hot weather.
If your property has grass that has faded or looking bare, it may need to be replaced. Laying new sod is a great way to quickly have a green lawn again. This can be done by a professional sod installation company like SodScapes Texas. Give us a call today at (972) 885-3899 for more information or to get a free estimate for laying sod in your lawn or property.
SodScapes Texas are sod installers in the DFW area. We specialize in installation of all types of sod including Bermuda, St Augustine, Zoysia, and more. We also offer other landscaping services such as tree trimming, rock and mulch installation, stone walls, and more. Call us today at (972) 885-3899 for a free estimate.